Being able to freely and safely access any private or public place without any fear is the very fundamental right of every girl and woman. But unfortunately violent crimes can occur anywhere and if one is not prepared to defend self, it can lead to serious injuries or be even fatal.
Self Defense is something everyone should learn. The fear of being attacked and not knowing what to do is very real and can be dangerous. When someone learns self defense the chances of defending themselves and survive increase significantly.
Having access to the proper self-defense techniques can help girls, women, and children boost their confidence in less-than-ideal situations. Though we tend to stray from trouble, strangers can be unpredictable. This significant knowledge can help us keep calm and use the proper teachings passed down to us during confrontational circumstances.
It’s all about defending yourself, and keeping those you care about safe. We eat healthy or lock our cars to protect ourselves. Why not learn how to protect ourselves?
E2E has designed several Self Defense courses to choose from:
- Self Defense Basic Awareness Session – The 1 day 3 hours program focuses on basic concepts rather than specific techniques. Demonstration of 10 Self-defense tips that are a must for every girl, woman and individual. The session also stresses on common sense and everyday routines which when done differently can be life savers.
- Self Defense Advance Training – The seminar starts off with general information and statistics about how to keep from being a victim and about certain themes that occur with violent crime and sexual assault. The seminar then goes through how to break out of wrist, neck, and lapel grabs along with bear hugs.
- Self Defense Wenlido Training – What exactly is Wenlido ? It is a self Defense class for women BY women! ‘Wenlido’ translates as ‘women’s path of strength.
- Is a women’s safety program designed by women, keeping in view the context in which women face violence in society.
- Provides practical tools that any woman can use to stay safe from the various forms of violence she is likely to face in society. These include assertiveness and verbal strategies to stay safe.
- Is based on a women’s experience of violence combined with an awareness of women’s conditioning in society, thus it is different from martial arts and other forms of self defense. Though it borrows some aspects from different self defense forms.
- Uses a combination of creatively designed theory and practical sessions, and problem solving exercises that help women find solutions themselves.
- Helps women realize their strength, overturning centuries of conditioning, which convinces women that they are the ‘weaker sex’ and cannot defend themselves.
How can Wenlido help you?
- Many women suffer from a sense of powerlessness, especially in close relationships. On the physical and emotional level, Wenlido offers ‘ways out’ of situations in which we feel stuck and helpless.
- It puts a lot of emphasis on finding solutions that empower us as individuals. In Wenlido workshop women not only learn to protect themselves physically, but also how to recognize potentially dangerous situations early on, how to respond verbally and effectively when harassed, and problem solve together on how to stay safe.
- The focus of Wenlido is on supporting each woman to move from viewing herself as a ‘helpless victim’ to someone who is empowered to take control of her life and respond effectively to violence.